Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Closing, Closing, Gone...

Tomorrow's the big day! We close on our new home tomorrow morning, and we're making it a family event--Junior's coming along with us. So far I've packed up Junior's bathroom, half of our bathroom, most of my closet, and about 1/4 of our kitchen. Written out like this it doesn't seem like much. :(

In the past month our adorable little monster has started eating fruits and veggies (tolerates veggies, hates fruit and yogurt) and has developed a fake cry and a fake cough. The fake cry I understand has a manipulative purpose but I have yet to discover why he thinks he needs a fake cough. That being said, manipulative or not, he's pretty darn happy these days.
Happy and exhausting. He even wears himself out.
We are hosting Junior's Grandaddy and Nino in about a week and a half, and we're both quite positive that Granddad has no idea what he's getting himself into. This boy is constant energy, requires almost constant attention and fights his mama on every single nap I put him down for. But almost on a daily basis we take a walk (or stroll, I should say) and we love it. It's been great for both of us. I get him ready to go and he's all set for sight-seeing.
This past Sunday was his first time in the nursery at church. We dropped him off, lingered, pointed out his toys and diaper bag to the caregivers about 3 times, then started off to the sanctuary. Mr. Wonderful was fine and I was bawling smiling. Still sniffling once we were asked to turn and greet our neighbors during the service, a lady mistakenly thought I had allergies. When I said "No, I just dropped my little boy off at the nursery for the first time" she said she understood perfectly--she'd done it four times, with four girls! It did feel like I'd just taken him to his first day of school. The second they took the offering at the end of the service, the two of us cut out, skipping the last vocal performance and almost running to the children's section. We get there, peer anxiously in the doorway, and there was Junior--happily lying on his tummy, kicking and smiling and surrounded by girls. He was the only male baby in the room that day and was apparently quite popular with his classmates. He was sharing a toy and playing nicely with a cute little girl in a pink dress, began to fuss for a moment, then heard his daddy's voice and looked up and saw us. I ran an obstacle course of little girl babies to get to my boy, and as soon as I reached out for him he gave me a gigantic smile. That buddy of mine melts me every time.
In the next couple of weeks I hope to get a Junior-sized pool for our new backyard so he and I can make a big mess and soak everything around us practice our backstrokes. I'll be sure to keep you updated as we go along!

No comments:

Post a Comment