Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finished Projects

     Having taken a few weeks off from blogging has been a wise decision. There are so many things that are "new" to me now. For one, I had crazy intense and consistent contractions for 51 hours straight two weeks ago, so my physical therapy has been cancelled. This was done in an effort to make me "do nothing but rest" so Junior isn't tempted to make his debut too early, but that's awfully difficult for me to do. I can't lay around all day--that would really get me down! (pardon the pun!)
                          I need to start hiding the camera from Mr. Wonderful before I take a nap...

     Secondly, the nursery is completely finished--except for one last project. Earlier today I went to Office Max and, I'm sure, annoyed the guy who helped me no end.
   
     I am thisclose to being officially Petered out (Peter Rabitt-ed out??). But regardless, I had no artwork for Junior's room. Not a bit. Even though we painted the walls a neutral color and did nothing fancy to them in anticipation of moving (which is still on, by the way!) I can't let his walls sit naked like they are. So I marked the pictures in this book that I wanted blown up:
     I currently have 11"x14" and 16"x20" color prints ready to go up on the walls, as soon as I tackle one last thing: dying the prints in a big vat of tea. They are sparkly bright white at the moment, and I want them to look aged, so this afternoon I'm brewing a pot of tea, throwing in about 10 tea bags, and soaking each print in tea for about 45 minutes apiece. Wish me luck! I would hate to have to go back to Office Max and harass the same little guy again if I screw up on this dye-job!
                        The semi-finished product...rug, cushions, end table and everything!


One shock I had for the day that I think I'm still reeling from is the cost to get these prints (all 4 were blown up beautifully at Office Max for only $7.50) matted and framed at Hobby Lobby. I have known framing was expensive since I was really little. My Gran used to embroider the fanciest, most beautiful work, and she'd take me with her to have it framed.  But I wasn't prepared for today. I only had 4 prints, and they were not being custom-framed (I purchased ready-made frames at 50% off). The mats I purchased did have to be cut to fit the frame, but...$176.00 later (yes, you read that correctly) I am convinced that something somewhere went horribly wrong. They didn't even frame them for me, as I have to dye them myself first! So unfortunately I will be marching back in there tomorrow, receipt in hand, to have some of the charges on the receipt explained to me...slowly and carefully!


     In other news, Mr. Wonderful has installed the car seat! It's ready to go, and it feels so strange to be riding around with an empty car seat in the back, but when this child makes his appearance, I want to be ready! I played candid camera and caught not only Mr. Wonderful wrestling the car seat into place but his favorite assistant, supervising. I'm afraid he was convinced he was going to be taken "bye-bye" any second in this shot.




     
     Difficult to believe there's going to be a little man riding in there soon...very soon. Which brings me to my last bit of news: When having our last sonogram on Monday, we learned that although Junior gives no indication of wanting to come out anytime soon, he isn't exactly....well, small. In fact, he is currently already the size of a healthy newborn baby, and he has 4 more weeks to go. Doc estimated he could be around 9.6 lbs at birth. Oh and he has a big head, according to the sonographer. For the very first time, inducing and c-sections were brought up. It was interesting to see him on-screen again. He has chub-tastic cheeks and thick hair standing up on the top of his head. In fact, he looked pretty darn cute. He's just BIG. While I'm so happy to hear that my son is super-healthy it's a little daunting when your doc says the following:

"I wouldn't buy any newborn diapers if I were you."
"Don't worry--we can always get big babies out."
"You're going to want that epidural."
   
     This was just a sampling, but there was quite a bit of nervous laughter going on during the appointment--mostly mine. I tend to crack bad jokes when I'm nervous, and nobody laughs harder at them than I do.
     So all this being said, I enjoyed my blogging break, am excited to tackle the first few days of motherhood and to share our progress!

So, tell me: How much did you weigh when you were born?

2 comments:

  1. i was 7.11 :)...born on 3.11!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good, now I know your birthday and can jot that down somewhere. One of my flaws is that I am terrible at remembering birthdays that I would really like to remember...lol!

    ReplyDelete