Saturday, November 19, 2011

Goodbye...and Goodbye

     This week has been chock-full of BIG news for Mr. Wonderful, Junior and I. We have been planning, since Junior was about a week old, to travel to Virginia for Christmas so Junior could spend his first Christmas with his Grandaddy (my Dad). But unfortunately, Thursday rolled around and we learned that the owners of our home, who for the past 5 years have been missionaries to China, are coming back...and they want their house back. We have to be out of here by January 1st. So no Christmas with my family this year. :( I was heartbroken. Really looking forward to that trip.
The frustrating part about all this is that we weren't going to be officially ready to buy a house until after the first of the year. So...we're going to have to move twice. The first move will be into temporary housing that we may have already lined up:





     So, not too bad. It's waaaay far away from the city and from where we ultimately want to end up, but temporary is the key word here. Besides, it looks pretty nice and the owners have been really pleasant so far. AND they accept both cats and dogs--SCORE!
     That was Thursday's news. 24 hours later, our mechanic told us that our SUV should be sold immediately...before the engine blew on us. Wow. Just...wow. By this time I was so preoccupied with our housing situation that I almost took this news in stride. As if someone had simply said to me "I like peanuts." I give credit to Mr. Wonderful for how he handled each of these situations. He immediately found us the temporary housing (I mean 5 minutes after we got our notice) and today--he sold our SUV. Now all we need is a permanent residence and a vehicle. No biggie. :)

So, tell me: Ever been hit with a major double whammy like this??

No comments:

Post a Comment