Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tipping The Scales

     No, that is not a reference to the baby weight that is clinging to me as if for dear life (all 25 pounds of it--dear Lord!) I am currently seeking a little balance in my life. I appear to be somewhat off-kilter. And by that I mean:
This small person takes up all of my time. I mean all. Even when he's asleep, which he only is during the day for 30 minutes at a time, I am racing around the house doing his laundry, setting up his bottles for the next round and looking for spare minutes to swipe the kitchen counters with a rag and swiffer the living room. This is nothing new. Every new mother faces this, I know. I'm just looking for ways to combat the problem. Because currently in neglect are the following:

Mr. Wonderful
The House
The Cat
The Dog
My Friends
Myself

     Although I may be the happiest I've ever been, I do see the problem areas. I just can't get to them, because Junior is hungry or wet or tired or bored or lonely or smiling (which means I always want to hang around and make him smile some more). We recently (and finally) purchased a baby monitor. Which I believe overall is a wonderful thing but now I have compounded my problems by the fact that while he's in his crib sleeping, I'm in the living room watching him sleep on the monitor. I've named it "Beau TV--all Beau, all the time". The really sick part is that I like to watch him wake up--so I can race to his side before he starts crying.
                                    Anything to avoid seeing that particular expression on his face
This pretty much ensures that not a lot is accomplished while he's snoozing. I would love to be able to, in addition to caring for Junior, keep a clean house, work out every day, chat with friends for a few minutes, wash/dry/straighten my hair a couple times a week, give the cat a few minutes of attention and still have the energy left over to make out with my husband (if you're reading this Dad, I'm really sorry!)
If I'm not going to be able to do it all, how on earth do I decide where to make "cuts"?

No comments:

Post a Comment