Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Junior's BIG Day!

Today started out normally enough for our boy. He played on his activity mat, on his exersaucer, and finally in his Johnny Jump Up while I folded his laundry.


But today was also really huge for Junior. He's 5 months old today and today was his first day trying solid foods. As in:
Going into his first feeding, his mama was nervous. He was eyeing the bowl pretty suspiciously.
The first bite went in and I already genuinely began to feel that this wasn't going to be that difficult.

And the next bite wasn't too bad either.



Then things got a little out of control...my control.

Those little hands got busy and the next thing I knew, there was cereal in his eyebrows, all over his hands, his pants, on his bouncy seat, in his hair, in my hair...and I was unprepared.

Sensing my lack of preparedness, Junior went from skeptical to adamantly opposed. Quickly.
Little ones are just like horses. You can't let them sense your fear. My fear (and rightly so) after he made a huge mess was that I hadn't brought extra bibs (the one he had was saturated in an instant), extra burp cloths, wash cloths....anything to help me confront the disaster he'd managed to make in 2 minutes worth of eating a little harmless cereal. I thank my lucky stars that it's bath day anyway.

What do you do to handle this gigantic mess every time you feed your youngster??

No comments:

Post a Comment