Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July=A Whole Lotta Work

     After working non-stop for hours on end today, I can't really tell a huge difference. Don't you love it when that happens? The walls in the temp nursery seemed to soak up the primer like a sponge. We had to keep going back over it to make sure all the dark green paint that was on there previously was covered.

                                   Not my best look. I have the same "tired face" as my Dad!

We finally finished up with the primer at around 5:00. Mr. Wonderful was simultaneously working on painting the room and the crib. The crib is all finished and ready to be put together! I can't wait to show it to you--it's not your average wooden crib and it's just gorgeous!

Before I call it a day and head off to bed to read for a bit I just had to pass along a recommendation. For any of you interested in an entertaining summer read, Michael Lee West hits the nail on the head.
On our Babymoon trip to Marco Island, FL I finished "Gone With a Handsomer Man" and absolutely loved it!





It takes place in Charleston, SC (no great surprise I was drawn to it) and follows Teeny Templeton, a young woman who is not perfect (I love it when the heroine has flaws--helps me relate) as she is forced to prove her innocence in the murder of her cheating fiance. Such a fun read--I highly recommend it, if you don't want to have to think too hard and just want to be entertained! Tonight I am diving back into West's book "Mad Girls in Love". So far, so good!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment