Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Aaaaand We're Back!

     Well after almost 24 hours of no cable or internet (we had a whopper of a storm last night--60 mph winds, hail and t-storms) I'm back up and running.

     Tonight's dinner was neither impressive nor healthy...a chocolate concrete from Sheridan's with strawberries mixed in. Yes, that was all I wanted. :) It hit the spot. BUT--last night's dinner was ah-may-zing! And I have to give credit to Mr. Wonderful, as the whole thing was his idea. You see, there's this local pizza joint here and we just adore it. Using my trusty pressure cooker I was able to replicate the pizza we normally order from our pizza spot.

What it took for Buffalo Chicken Pizza:

2 chicken breasts, cooked in pressure cooker for 15 minutes
Frank's buffalo wing sauce
2 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
smoked provolone cheese
1 grated carrot
pizza dough (we like Whole Foods' ready-made dough)
bleu cheese dressing for dipping


    
     The nice aspect of the pressure cooker when used for pulled pork or chicken is that it makes everything so tender you almost don't even have to pull/shred the meat. It generally begins to fall apart when you're removing it from the pot. What a time and energy-saver.

     I added melted butter to the wing sauce, then tossed the shredded chicken in the sauce until it was evenly coated...
     Then I drizzled just enough wing sauce on pizza dough--(the amount is up to you--exactly how much do you like the hot stuff??) and added the grated carrots.
     At this point Mr. Wonderful became involved, and he added slices of smoked provolone...
...while I snacked on these...
I honestly cannot get enough strawberries lately...I have them almost 3 times a day!
Next we added the chicken...
...and finally topped it with a little more provolone...
I've never exactly been afraid of "too much cheese"...whatever that is. :)
And voila! After baking at 350 until the crust was golden brown, it was finished...and we were in love. Honestly, it was beautiful...
     In our attempt to truly replicate the pizza we order on occasion, we had bleu cheese on the side for dipping. This pizza is messy (but not as much as actual buffalo wings) and worth every napkin we used up in our effort to down it! Mr. Wonderful gave it lots of stars (not sure as to the exact number as his mouth was full when he was rating it!).

     Tomorrow I go back to PT after a way-too-long hiatus and cannot wait. I always feel so much better afterward. I also have a hair appointment tomorrow as well and the same thing goes in that department. 

So, tell me: Why do you think it is that I can do my PT exercises at home, and fix my hair at home, but both of those seem so much better when somebody else is helping me/doing it for me??


No comments:

Post a Comment