Saturday, July 30, 2011

Starting Over

     
     Well, congratulations to the person or persons who sneaked in and bought the house we went to put an offer on yesterday right out from under us. I am finding it difficult to remain positive this morning, and am beginning to think it is going to require a Chai tea and a little shopping. You see, this house had it all, and not one of them up to this point had. They'd all had most, but not all. It's a tricky thing to find a house in the right neigborhood that has the following:

Older home charm (prior to 1950) This one was built in 1927
Details (trim, built-ins, glass doorknobs, etc.) Tons of glass doorknobs, and a laundry chute
3 bedrooms AND a space for Mr. Wonderful's office--yep, this one had a large office space
An up-to-date kitchen--beautiful granite countertops, amazing cabinets, farmhouse sink
A working (by this I mean big enough stalls with garage door openers) two-car garage--yep, check!
A decent backyard for our dog, Tyson--smaller, but perfect
A foyer (I have a dislike for opening the front door of a home and finding myself in the middle of  the living room)--this entryway was huge...I was picturing a large oriental rug just inside the door...

     So, as I write this morning I am mentally saying goodbye to the house I was just sure we would be moving into here in a month or two. I've also invested a little time in some prayer...mostly along the lines of "Ok, God--what is it? Where is it? When is it?" which may not seem clear to Oz readers, but God knows what I mean. :)
     I am going to trust in God and our tireless realtor Michelle to find the house that we are actually meant to move into, as it is now clear that this one (above) was not it. Back to the drawing board!

3 comments:

  1. AHHHH! You have GOT to be kidding me. That's awful. I am sulking with you :( There is a perfect house waiting for you! Maybe it's closer to the east coast.... i'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the perfect house for you...it's right behind mine, I bet you could get it for $140,000!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me--our plan is to move back to the east coast the second we're able! ANYwhere in the Carolinas sounds good at this point!! The official deal is before Junior goes to preschool!

    ReplyDelete