Monday, July 4, 2011

The Great Pancake Experiment

     Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers (www.pbfingers.com) manages to inspire me with some regularity. This morning's inspiration came courtesy of her oatmeal cookies pancake recipe. But--having been raised on peanut butter and banana sandwiches, you guessed it--my masterpiece!

(The 2 on the left are plain--for Mr. Wonderful)

I added a dash of vanilla, 2 tbsp. of natural peanut butter that I ground myself and half of a mashed-up banana to pancake batter and crossed my fingers.
They were truly some of the best pancakes I ever had! For next weekend's pancakes I'm envisioning something with either pineapple or marshmallow fluff--I'll letcha know! All I know is, my plate went from this:
To this:
In about 31.8 seconds. I love experimenting in the kitchen. I've been doing it since I was little, making up my own manicotti stuffing concoctions and truly obnoxious milkshakes involving mustard and pepto bismol (yes, seriously). Nothing much has changed, except my inventions these days are usually spot-on and much less nausea-inducing. I encourage everyone to play around when they cook--the end result could be truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment