Monday, July 18, 2011

The Last of the Baby Showers...

     Yesterday Mr. Wonderful's family hosted our Kansas City baby shower, as we had already had a baby shower in Charlotte for my side. It was a great venue, terrific food...we were really grateful for it! I was happy that Dusty had his closest friends and family there with him--including our nieces. One of whom decided to become my assistant when we were opening gifts...
     She's pretty much adorable, if you ask me. She became a little frustrated at my pace, however...I didn't open gifts near fast enough for her taste! Next time Aunt Meegs will definitely have to be a little quicker to keep up with Hudson!
     I have to say--one of the types of baby clothing that I find endearing are those that refer to family members. For example, I must've registered for 5 items that read: "If you think I'm cute you should see my Daddy". (Obviously I find Mr. Wonderful to be extremely cute!) Well, Hudson's mama found a great one on her own that I'd never seen--and I love it! You can barely make it out, below, but it's a pail and shovel and it reads: "My Aunt Digs Me". Love it!
     It definitely put a smile on my face, and as Junior's soon-to-be Aunt Jenna pointed out, she's going to be his only aunt. And I know he's going to love her--our nieces think she's the bee's knees (or is it the cat's pajamas?!)

     After being showered and driving home in overwhelming heat (it is consistently over 100 degrees every day here lately), Mr. Wonderful and I relaxed. We were able to relax because look what got put together earlier yesterday...(is it ok if I say "finally"?):
TA-DA! I was so excited I almost felt the need to run laps around the house. Almost. Proud Papa had this crib put together in no time flat. I was SO GLAD it wasn't more difficult than it was!
And today...I was able to add the fun stuff...bedding! Junior's going to sleep in style:


     Currently I'm working on getting cushions for that rocker made (no, the hideous pink pillow is not staying), finishing up the sheers for the other window, and changing out the knobs on the antique dresser with white Peter Rabbit knobs I spotted on eBay. eBay is a vast wealth of all things Peter Rabbit.
The decor won't ever be much in this room, but then again, we're saving the big-time decorating for the mystery house we are hopefully moving into soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment