Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Stinky Situation

     Did you ever love somebody so, so much...but there was just something about them that made you keep your distance? For the past few months I have been experiencing this on a daily basis. I love this individual to pieces, but I am often unable to be very close to him at all. Which is difficult, because he's pretty darn cute, and awfully sweet:
                                           "It's my birthday, today. I'm nine years old."
     But his breath. My super-sensitive pregnant nose just cannot take breathing it in. It literally makes me feel like I'm going to lose my lunch. Is this something we're supposed to talk about--our dog's breath? I'm sure Mr. Wonderful and I are not the only ones to have a beloved pet with stinky breath, right? Poor Tyson's teeth were never the best to begin with--the majority of them barely come up above the gum line. But now that he's older, they're starting to really decay. When Mr. Wonderful bathes him, he also brushes his teeth, with this:
It's peanut butter flavored. It does help, although on a very short-term basis. I'm not exaggerating the extent to which Tyson's breath has affected our "togetherness"--Mr. Wonderful was asking me a question earlier this evening and he had to ask it multiple times because I was so distracted by Mr. Fuzzy Raunch Breath breathing in my direction (and looking cute while he did it). I am beginning to miss my own dog, even though he's often in the same room with me. We used to be pretty tight...
     We've tried his toothpaste, we've tried Crunch n' Clean dog treats, we've tried brushing his teeth with baking soda (he hated this beyond belief!). 

So, tell me: Any suggestions for Tyson's breath? I would love to be able to have my puppy around me like he used to be!

2 comments:

  1. Titus will not even eat the Crunch n' Clean treats! His breath is rank too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyson will eat anything...bananas with their peel, enchilada sauce, whole loaves of bread...but the breath issue is no joke!

    ReplyDelete