Friday, July 1, 2011

No Such Thing as a Free Lunch, err...Dinner



Tonight the Kansas City, Missouri Board of Trade handed out free meals to hungry expectant mothers. So I got in line for my handout.

Just kidding--we went out for some of my new favorite Chinese food next door at Bo Ling's, where we were greeted by this guy:
                           He was entirely too cheerful to take on an empty stomach.

It's my fourth time at a Bo Ling's (they're reasonable, oh-so-yummy and there are several around the city) and so far I've never ordered the same thing twice. The same, however, cannot be said for Mr. Wonderful. In fact, if you were to quiz me on what dish my husband would order at any given restaurant we've tried--I'd ace it. While Dusty has a sense of adventure in many regards, ordering his dinner is not one of them. It never stops him from perusing menus, but in the end, at a Chinese restaurant, it's going to be beef and broccoli with a side of crab rangoon.


When asked why he persists in this type of ordering behavior he poses a thought-provoking question: "Why risk ordering something you might not like when you've already found something you know you do?"

So, tell me: When ordering at restaurants do you find yourself playing it safe or taking a walk on the wild side?

No comments:

Post a Comment