Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Times They Are A-Changin'...

Last night Mr. Wonderful and I, after a long day's work, were grateful to be able to have dinner at his mother's. She's a fantastic cook, and a terrific hostess. Our visit was a great way to finish off the day. We were also excited because we were finally able to get cd's with my sister-in-law's wedding photos from December on them. I love weddings. Can't say that enough. I love planning them, attending them--everything about them!

When I was flipping through the pictures after breakfast this morning, the couple of pictures of Mr. Wonderful and myself stood out to me. My, how things have changed. Here we are, happy as clams (and not pregnant) at my sister-in-law Jenna's wedding:
And here I am, only 4 months later on the beach in Florida, letting it all hang out and not caring too much (as my Dad used to tell me, "You'll never see these people again..."):
Here's hoping that purple dress comes back into my life at some point, but I gotta say--I had a lot of fun eating whatever popped into my head on that trip to Marco Island! I can only imagine my son seeing this picture one day years from now and me excitedly pointing out "That's you in there!" and all he says is "Geez, Mama, put some clothes on..."lol.

I have to say, the past few months have been truly special for a variety of reasons but one of them is that I have been the least body-conscious and the most confident I've ever been--while big as a house! I never expected it, but it's true. I am so happy that everywhere I go this kicking, thumping, somersaulting little boy goes with me that I haven't given a hill of beans how big I was. It's been a nice break from the constant determination to fit into my skinny jeans from before. Not to say that once I'm able to, I won't be hitting up the ole' From Couch Potato to 5K routine to get myself back into running, but I'm happy with where I am now too.

So, tell me: When were/are you your least body-conscious, most confident self?

No comments:

Post a Comment